Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Victory is Mine!

Whew! Finished with about 30 minutes to spare! I cut it a bit closer than I wanted, but it's finished! I've got the gold!

firstaidfinish

First Aid by Kim Hargraves: Rowan 32
Rowan Polar: 60 wool/30 alpaca/10 acrylic - color 645
7 balls
Size 11 needles
Started Feb. 10th 2pm - Finished Feb 26th 10:33pm

This was a pretty fun sweater to knit. The cable pattern was conquered after looming over me for 3 years! I don't know why the pattern had given me such a problem before. I guess sometimes somethings takes awhile to click. Finishing is a bit tough when your racing against the clock, but I'm glad there was a deadline. Sewing on snaps is just not one of my favorite things to do. If there wasn't a deadline, the sweater probably would have sat in an unfinished heap for a month.

The fit is a lot better than I expected. This was another reason why I always hesitated on knitting this sweater. I was afraid that it would make me look like the pillsbury dough boy. Chunky knits are hard for just about anyone to wear, but it's a lot less bulky than I thought.

So at the closing of these Olympic games, I leave you now with a victory shot........

victory

12 comments:

mia said...

awesome! I almost called you during the closing ceremony to see how it was going but didn't want to disturb any frantic seaming. it looks great!!

goodkarma said...

You look fantastic in First Aid!! It doesn't look chunky or bulky at all. You are a gold medalist for sure. :)

Anonymous said...

congrats! :)

Stacy said...

It looks great! I would have hestitated for fear of looking like a linebacker too. But it looks really good, not chunky at all.

Mine's done and I'm wearing it right now. I just need to snap some pics!

Anonymous said...

wow! Great Job, Melissa, not only on a beautiful sweater, but for making your deadline. And some good stash reducing:)

Amy said...

It looks adorable on you. Congratulations on the gold medal. I bet the endorsement contracts are piling up!

Moni said...

yay! go you! It looks fab!

sturdygirl said...

Woot! Congrats. God bless negative ease and good designs that make warm, bulky sweaters so wearable. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

that is so cute on you! The way the cables are going probably helps de-chunkify the sweater, dont ya think? Great job!

maritza said...

V is for VICTORY! Yay Melissa! Congratulations!

carrie said...

it looks fabulous! congrats for conquering such a bohemoth project. you are one gutsy gal.

craftoholic said...

What a great sweater! I really love the red criss-cross on the buttons.