Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Busy Bee

I've been pretty busy lately and when I'm not busy, I'm too tired to keep my eyes open. Hasn't been too much knitting going on, but I did manage to finish the turtleneck shrug on Sunday.

Tnkshrug

Turtleneck Shrug by Teva Durham (from Scarfstyle)
5 balls Queensland Collection: Kathmandu DK - 85 Merino Wool/10 Silk/5 Cashmere (Color: 422)
Size 7 needles

Surprisingly, I finished this much quicker than expected. I started this a little before the Knitting Olympics, so I guess it took about a month to do. The 3x3 ribbing got a bit boring after awhile, but overall it was pretty painless. It fits very nicely and I love it!

I love this yarn too! I wanted something a little different, something that I wouldn't use on a whole sweater. It's very soft and warm (and moderately priced at $6.95 a ball). I bought this yarn in upstate NY and I had never seen it sold around NYC, but I'm sure it would be easy enough to find on the internet. Or I could take a 4 hour field trip north!

fs1

And this boring wad of stockinette could only mean one thing, I have started my fiance's sweater. (Notice the tape measure very close at hand to measure progress) So far, so good - 10 inches in - well, except for the fact that my gauge changed from my swatch. So what should be a 21" back panel is now a 23" back panel. Before I rip it out, or proceed knitting more, I'm going to measure a few of his sweaters and see if the extra 4" is going to be a problem. It's only supposed to have 4" of ease, but as of now it has 8". Good news is if I rip it out and change to a smaller needle size, the size 7 needles will be free to use for Rogue! Oh the temptation is just way too much!

I've also been busy trying to wrap up the pattern for the green mohair sweater. I took some pictures this weekend, so it's just down to tying up some loose ends. Hopefully I'll have it up in another week or so.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love that shrug. It suits you!

the knitrider said...

that looks so dang cute! great job!

maritza said...

Agh! I love it! So adorable!

carrie said...

the shrug is so cute! and it's still chilly out, so you'll have a few more weeks to wear it.

Moni said...

The turtleneck shrug is really cute! love the t-shirt, too :). Can't wait for the mohair sweater pattern!

Megan said...

I must say, I wasn't so crazy about that shrug when I saw it in pictures before, but it is absolutely adorable on you! Great job!