Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

One Down, Three to Go

Finished seaming Backyard Leaves tonight. I hope my mom likes it!

finishedleaves

Pattern: Backyard Leaves from Scarf Style
Yarn: 4 balls Karabella Aurora 8

I really enjoyed this pattern. It went fairly quickly and the chart wasn't too hard to master. I'm glad I got to make this one as a gift, I probably wouldn't have made one for myself. I'm more of a stripy scarf kind of girl.

Progress on Branching Out is going well. I'm at repeat 22 and need at least 22 more to make a decent length scarf. I don't want to make it too long though, it's not exactly a "wrap around your neck 3 times and wear out in a blizzard" kind of thing.

Now the problem becomes what to knit next. I'm thinking about making either the Log Cabin Socks (I have yarn already) or making the Vintage Beaded Gloves from Handknit Holidays for my Grandmother. Thing is, she lives in Florida - though she usually visits for at least 3 month during the winter. This one is a tough call. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

handknit168 said...

I like to knit leaf pattern scarf and the branching out pattern is pretty. I have knitted one.

My Blog
My on-line shop

Amy said...

Very pretty scarf! What do you think of the Aurora 8?

Moni said...

Turned out really pretty! I'm happy to hear that it was a fairly quick knit. I will probably knit one pretty soon for myself.

sturdygirl said...

Love the scarf! Very nice. Re: your grandmother - which would she wear more? My grandmas mostly wore hose, rather than socks. Or if she likes scarves, maybe another Branching Out would be a cozy choice...