Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Yay! Secret Pal Presents

First I'd like to start off by thanking everyone who left nice comments about Blackberry and my scarf with sleeves. It's so nice to be loved!

I received a package from my Secret Pal this weekend. It probably arrived in Jersey last week, or even the week before, but I hadn't been back there to pick up my mail for two weeks. So here are the goods......
L1020066
Seems my SP got my hint that I wanted to knit some socks! Not that I made it very hard to guess! I love the color of the yarn and it feels like it will be warm and soft on my little tootsies. I wanted to start my socks right away this weekend, but my DPN were in NY. Receiving gifts in the mail is such a wonderful thing - especially when it involves yarn! Thanks Secret Pal! Look for my new pair of socks here soon!

Even though I wanted to start my socks pretty badly, it's good I didn't have some double pointed needles at my disposal. I was preoccupied with the front of Butterfly this weekend. I'm moving along pretty quickly and hope to have it done within the next couple of weeks so I can move on to something else (like socks!)
L1020067

This Wednesday is both my boyfriend's and my birthday, so we planned a little vacation. This is the first B-day we are spending together so we thought a little trip was in order (not to mention that I will be on the verge of a nervous breakdown if I don't get some time off from work!). On Wednesday, it's off to New Hope, PA for a day of antique and yarn shopping (plus B&B we are staying at has a sheep pasture! So exciting!) Then on Friday and Saturday its off to Kinderhook, NY on the Hudson. Already did my research on some yarn stores up there too. No sheep pasture in Kinderhook, but we will be staying at the first law school in New York built around 1785. So we'll have a nice dose of history, yarn, sheep and food. I should have lots of pics to post when I get back, though I don't know how much knitting I'll be getting done.

4 comments:

goodkarma said...

Happy Birthday to you both!

Moni said...

Happy birthday tommorrow! Oooh, I do love your butterfly. I'm so tempted to make one myself.

sturdygirl said...

Hey! Thanks for your compliment on the Fair Isle. I'll be on the lookout for some easy two-color patterns from now on. And by the way - I LOVE your wrap with sleeves! Very cool. Happy birthday and get some R & R on your trip! Cheers-

maritza said...

Happy Belated Birthday! How was your trip? Can't wait to hear all about it.