Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Monday, October 31, 2005

Boo Hoo! Vacation Over

Yep, back to the grind in NYC today. It's hard to believe that I am back in such a noisy place after spending several days in the quiet quiet quiet mountains. Luckily I grew up in the country, otherwise it would have been total culture shock! The scenry was just absolutely breathtaking! Overall, we had a very relaxing vacation and our b-day was good. Thanks to everyone that wished us both a good one!

Here are a few photo highlights of our trip:
L1020072
This was our B&B in Stockton, NJ
L1020090
Our buddies in Stockton running for some chestnuts
L1020091
View from our window.
L1020128
Our B&B in Kinderhook.
L1020123
Now this is a staircase!
L1020138
View of the Hudson River from Olana
L1020112
Martin Van Buren's home

And of course my vacation would not be complete without purchasing some new yarn:
L1020148
We went to a nice little yarn store in Chatham and I picked up 5 balls of Kathmandu DK and Scarf Style. The DK will be used for the turtleneck shrug by Teva Durham. I thought this book would be great to have for making Christmas gifts since my family has hinted that they want something handmade this year. Guess I better stop being selfish and start knitting for others. Christmas will be here before I even know it and I'll be breaking my wrists trying to get everything done!

I also worked on my socks a little bit. Haven't gotten to any of the exciting parts yet. Have about 5" of jersey to go before I turn my first heel.
L1020149

2 comments:

Moni said...

wow! looks like you had a fabulous time on your trip! very relaxing!

I just noticed that your knitted up Blackberry from Knitty. Looks awesome! I've been obsessing over this pattern the past few days :)

said...

hee hee! yay for NJ!
ooh what a great vacation.
i love that scarf book! my mum has it too.
:)