Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Monday, April 04, 2005

Slow sailing

Haven't been too knitty lately. Grenade purse is on it's way and almost finished, but that's about the fullest extent of my knitting right now.

Ordered some Rowan Yorkshire tweed for the boyfriend's sweater. I ordered it from England and got a really good deal. Just hope it comes sooner than the 28 days time the web site suggested. Also placed an order for Blue Sky elapses. I found a really nice pattern in Vogue International from Winter and Purl had some of my colors on sale.

But the real reason I have been slacking on my knitting is because I am still waiting for my cashmere yarn. I really shouldn't be so stubborn and I should just start something else, like the beautiful kidsilk haze pointelle dress in the current Rowan. All I need to buy for that is the beads. But I don't want to start the complicated Rowan project and then stop to knit Lucky whenever the darn yarn decides to show up in New York. I really shouldn't care so much, because my caring has messed up my knitting schedule. I really should have started the Rowan project when I ordered the cashmere, I probably would have had it finished by now! Ok, well maybe that's wishful thinking, but it could of happened - at least maybe if the yarn is delayed at least another month.

But in other news, moving along on the submission for MagKnits. Pattern is written, just need to double and triple check for mistakes and take some photos. Hopefully the weather is a bit better this weekend so the pictures can be out of the way.

Looking forward to spring, even though all projects on cue seem to be Winter sweaters. I never particularly liked the spring fashion season. Fall was always more exciting for shopping. And as a designer this is even more true. Spring is always my least favorite to design. You are so limited by your yarn choices and silhouettes it almost seems pointless. Oh well, Fall 06 starts being designed in August - and it will probably be here before my cashmere!

No comments: