Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Former Occupations

Believe it or not, I haven't always been a knitter. Gasp! I know! Growing up, I used to enjoy all sorts of different arts and crafts. Some of my favorites included beading, jewelry making, bookbinding and drawing.

In an attempt to revive my former creative times, I dug a few of my beaded jewelry pieces out of my jewelry box to share.

Crystal bracelets

Beaded jewelry

My favorite piece is the washer bracelet with red Swarovski crystals which I probably made about 15 years ago. The hardware store was one of my favorite places to go for jewelry components. While my Dad was looking for something important, I would keep myself busy in the nuts and bolts aisle. I think what interested me the most about hardware components was the combination of something so hard, but pairing it with delicate crystals and beads - combining the unexpected. Although at the time, I probably just thought it was neat.


Maryse said...

Wow! I'm impressed! The bracelet is looking incredible! You should pursue this hobby - although you should definitely keep knitting ;-) Have a great weekend!

subliminalrabbit said...

LOVE the washer/crystal bracelet!

knitthehellout said...

Way to make a hardware store more fun. I like the industrial aspect of that jewelry. Nice work.