Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Former Occupations

Believe it or not, I haven't always been a knitter. Gasp! I know! Growing up, I used to enjoy all sorts of different arts and crafts. Some of my favorites included beading, jewelry making, bookbinding and drawing.

In an attempt to revive my former creative times, I dug a few of my beaded jewelry pieces out of my jewelry box to share.

Crystal bracelets

Beaded jewelry

My favorite piece is the washer bracelet with red Swarovski crystals which I probably made about 15 years ago. The hardware store was one of my favorite places to go for jewelry components. While my Dad was looking for something important, I would keep myself busy in the nuts and bolts aisle. I think what interested me the most about hardware components was the combination of something so hard, but pairing it with delicate crystals and beads - combining the unexpected. Although at the time, I probably just thought it was neat.

3 comments:

Maryse said...

Wow! I'm impressed! The bracelet is looking incredible! You should pursue this hobby - although you should definitely keep knitting ;-) Have a great weekend!

subliminalrabbit said...

LOVE the washer/crystal bracelet!

Anonymous said...

Way to make a hardware store more fun. I like the industrial aspect of that jewelry. Nice work.