Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

It's Done!

My Desert Sun shawl is finally done! I cast on way back in November of last year and had to put it down for awhile, but it's finally finished. [Details on Ravelry]




This shawl tested my patience, but I think the result was worth it. I dropped stitches at least twice on one of the beginning stitch patterns and had to rip back about 10 - 15 rows each time. Then when I was nearing the end, I was afraid that it would not be large enough. Then I was not sure I liked the hand dyed yarn colors with the stitch pattern.

But in the end all was well and I really, really love it. With the nippy mornings we've been having lately, I might even get to press it into service before the fall!


carrie said...

Wow, well worth the wait. It's stunning!

the knitrider said...

Beautiful and it looks great on you! I am glad you didn't give it up!

Walden said...

Wow, that is huge and beautiful!

mel said...

What a gorgeous knit! Enjoy it!!

Connie said...

Gorgeous! I love how gossamer-delicate it looks and I can just imagine how good it feels on. Yay for personal, selfish knitting! :)

Susie said...

Beautiful work!