Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Last Hurrah

Went down to The Point yesterday for a last hurrah. So sad to see one more yarn store close in NYC, we've lost 4 of them in the last 3 months or so.

I didn't want to spend too much and was a knitter on a mission - to find the Claudette Hat pattern. It was a house pattern, and while there was the chance that the designer might offer it up on her own later on, I didn't want to take that chance. And I found it, all the way at the bottom of the bin. It could very well have been the last copy even. Score!

The line was long, so of course I couldn't just wait in such a long line to buy one measly pattern, right? So I picked up some circular needles. Not very exciting, I know. But I needed some size 3 circulars to make Little Birds when I get the chance. I have been planning on knitting this for awhile, but I had the chance to try on Ysolda's sweater when she was here and I need to make it now. Right now. But it's gonna have to wait until I finish this deadline project. If you go to Ysolda's blog and scroll down a little, you'll see me modeling it. Cute, huh? I'll need to do a few modifications on the bottom rib, but other than that, it fit perfect!


Jocelyn said...

coming out of lurkdom to say "THE POINT IS CLOSING????" I don't live in NYC, but I really enjoyed my visit there. Very dismayed to hear this. What other shops have closed? We're coming back in June, and I'll be on my own a couple of days...

hennasplace said...

I am disppointed to hear the news about the Point. I work in the area, so am sorry to see them go.

Connie said...

I couldn't make it out yesterday, but when this evening. The walls were completely bare. It's really sad. There are so many empty storefronts everywhere.

Craptina said...

It's a real shame that we are losing so many great yarn stores. I'm really going to miss the point.

gleek said...

the point will surely be missed :(