Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Back to Work

No more personal knitting for me! Next design project was officially cast-on on Friday. Don't feel too sorry for me though, I'm using Handmaiden Double Sea - silk and sea silk.

handmaiden double sea in topaz

mmmm, sea silk

This yarn is just so shiny, soft and gorgeous! However, I am finding that it is a little rough on the hands. The pattern I am working right now takes a bit of manipulation, so I can definitely feel the tendons on the top of my hands tightening up a bit. I just have to make sure I keep stopping for rest and to continue doing my stretching and strengthening exercises. Thankfully the deadline is also more than 2 months away, so I don't have to work my little tendons to the bone.

And in other news, where did Spring go and who told Summer it could come early! It was so hot in NYC this weekend! 83 degrees yesterday and I think it was supposed to be almost 90 today. Yesterday I ventured out with a few of my knitting buddies and took in the view of the East River in Astoria park. We got a little sunburn, but I think it was worth it. Didn't even bother to venture out today other than a few errands. The shade and the breeze from an open window suited me just fine. I even had time to do a little yoga today to try and stretch out the old back. I'd like to get back into yoga for the stress relief, but not sure how committed I am. Especially when I'm so tired when I get home from work and waking up early is just not an option.

1 comment:

hartgirl said...

Wow, I love that color! It's beautiful. I can't wait to see what it grows up to be :)