Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Lovely Day in NYC

Today I had the pleasure of hanging out with Ysolda and Connie in NYC for a bit of button shopping. Our first stop was M&J Trimming where the never ending rows of trims boggle the mind and of course you can't forget the buttons. Then it was onto uptown to the main attraction - Tender Buttons.

If you haven't been to Tender Buttons and you live in the NYC area or are planning on visiting, it really is something you should not miss. They have a very nice collection of vintage buttons at fairly reasonable prices - at least not much of a difference from M&J. Connie and I resisted the urge to buy (barely), but Ysolda picked up some very nice finds. I'm sure Connie and I will be back to purchase soon, our saving grace was we didn't have any sweaters or yarn to color match.

Next, after wandering around for awhile trying to find an empty table at a coffee shop that wasn't Starbucks, we met up with Veronique who joined us for dinner in Union Square. We didn't get much knitting time in, but we did have a lovely chat and it was nice to just relax with friends.

Pretty shawl pin

Connie also gave me this very nice thank you gift today - a beautiful shawl pin from Designs by Romi. I have admired her pins for sometime, but never got around to purchasing one for myself. It will be perfect for my Desert Sun Shawl that is almost finished! Thanks Connie!

5 comments:

ysolda said...

It was so great to see you!

subliminalrabbit said...

ah, so jealous! i adore those two stores and try to stop by whenever i'm in the city, and what great company!

Connie said...

You're very welcome, Melissa. I'm really glad you like it and will get some use out of it :) Rosemary's pins are just lovely!

Yesterday was a great day :) I'll have to venture back to Tender Buttons someday when I have swatches in hand ;)

Sasha said...

Oooh so envious (in a friendly way!) of such fabulous knitterly meet up and wonderous adventures! Wil lhave to live vicariously through you :)

Veronique said...

I had a blast hanging out with everyone :)