Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Design Update

I've been working my knitting fingers to the bone trying to push out some new designs and for once, I can finally say 2 of them are for neoknits! One is the plus size version of Sesame, but the other is brand new.

L1030656

For the new design, I'm working with Handmaiden Flaxen and I love this yarn. Usually, I'm not a big fan of linen because it's a little rough on the hands, but combine it with silk and it's a whole different experience. However, the rough, textured look of the linen has been preserved. I love the way it has worked up in the lace pattern.

And the color of the yarn? The transitions between colors are so slight, they just melt together. The ladies at Handmaiden certainly know their craft very well.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Intriguing intriguing glimpse, Melissa! Can't wait to see what it is. Having just finished a Physicsknits design (that sounds so weird to me) in 100% linen, I hear you on the roughness. My hands are *just* recovering now. But you're right, the finished fabric is beautiful. I can only imagine how lovely linen and silk would be.

Romi said...

Looks lovely!

Lolly said...

Love the way it looks so far! :)
I am working with linen right now, and it is a little rough on the wrists, for me, but I know it will be worth it in the end - it wears so well!

Gudrun Johnston said...

It does indeed look pretty and enticing....
My only linen experience so far is with CEY Soft Linen which I really liked (linen, alpaca and wool) beautiful drape and slightly rustic texture.