Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Gretel

Finished up Gretel tonight and I absolutely love it! I never used to be much of a hat person, but I also didn't have to walk around on the cold, windy streets of New York back then either!

Gretel Finished

Gretel

Gretel by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Rowan Kid Classic Shade 852
Needles: US size 9 and 7
Size: Regular

This was such a satisfyingly projects after the 2 secret knitting projects I had to complete in February. So satisfying that I almost didn't want the project to end. I didn't make any modifications - well, besides my gauge being way off! I went up 2 needle sizes because I thought I was too tight, but I guess I should not have trusted myself. It was supposed to measure about 8" in diameter, mine measured 11". Oops! Still fits well though, even with the gauge blunder. Thank goodness for hats being more forgiving than a sweater!

8 comments:

the knitrider said...

such a lovely hat! You wear it well!

spajonas said...

your gretel looks awesome! i love how floppy it is :)

goodkarma said...

Beautiful! I just picked up two skeins of Kid Classic at a sale and was wondering what I'd do with them. Did you use just a single skein?

Octopus Knits said...

So cute! It looks great on you.

schrodinger said...

You rock that hat! It looks great, and well deserve methinks, after all that secret knitting.

amanda said...

very cute!

carrie said...

you look so adorable! maybe i need to consider this hat...

|chee-uh| said...

It's been a long while. Your hair looks great and you look very happy. I remember you had just got engaged when I left NYC. Sigh...time flies.