Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

For All You Girly Hockey Fans

I just read in WWD today that Reebok will be launching a line of women's NHL apparel at the start of the 06-07 season. But that's not the best part, listen to this:

"New Era Caps is also coming out with a line of women's NHL hats this fall. The caps, which will wholesale from $9 - $12, are redesigned to specifically fit a woman's head and to incorporate more fashion elements, like shine and rhinestones."

Now, I'm not exactly a girly girl, but I'm sorry THERE ARE NO RHINESTONES IN HOCKEY!

So now you can get your pink and white Maple Leafs Jersey with a matching pink hat with rhinestones. Does anyone else find this a bit frightening?

It's amazing they are finally getting on the ball with women's NHL apparel, apparently women make up 40% of the fan base. I wonder how many of them are chicks with sticks?

In knitting news, I sent off the finished Sundara yarn and Hipknits patterns this week. It feels so good to have them off my plate and to move on to new and exciting things. The second Hipknits pattern is making good progress and I hope to start the sleeves by next week. I also will have another exciting announcement soon, but I'm not allowed to spill the beans yet! Sorry!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious, seriously.

Looking forward to seeing the patterns! Sounds like you're keeping busy. :)

spajonas said...

you tease :)

Knit Freak said...

NO PINK MAPLE LEAFS STUFF PLEASE!!!!!! the problem I see is that the womens stuff is all going to be pink and pastel when all i want is a womens sized BLUE & WHITE maple leafs gear NOT PINK!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well fellow hockey fan / chick with sticks, might as well laugh as cry. How can the female hockey fan be so badly misread? All I want is girl-flattering hockey gear - you couldn't pay me to wear rhinestones to the theatre, why would I tart up my Sens with bling? (Even if they need it after last season - ha!) I can't wait to see your patterns - you'll be posting a "heads up" I hope?

Beekeebear said...

Awesome! Now I will have something to match the mini-skirt and stilettos that I wear to the arena! I just hope I don't spill my $6 beer on my rhinestone-studded top!!

Pffftttt!

Yeah, they were selling pink Sabres shirts in the arena shop this past season. Pink? Now I love pink as much as the next girl, but c'mon. The Sabres' colors are black and red, people. Cripes!

Anonymous said...

The pink idea is not only atrocious, but almost offennsive. As though girls won't know to like hockey unless there's pink and shine as a visual cue to tell them it's okay. Seriously.