Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Knitting Olympics

By now, I'm sure a lot of you have heard of the Yarn Harlot hosting the 2006 Knitting Olympics. Basically, all "competitors" have 16 days to finish the project of their choice. So, because I am crazy, and I haven't had a good challenge for awhile - I'm actually thinking about joining. Problem is, I want this to be a really good challenge, and I'm torn over what project to pick. Here are the canidates:

1) Butterfly (tunic version): I just picked up my dress version again this weekend, and I'm moving along quite well (let's see I've only been working on this since July???). So I figured this could be a good chance to work on the tunic version because deadlines are good. Otherwise I'm afraid that I'll never get the tunic version done. Plus I already bought yarn in a beautiful teal color for it.

Pro: already have yarn, need a push to start second version
Con: feel like I'm cheating because I am already familiar with the dress pattern

2) First Aid cable cardigan: I already have yarn for this one too. But is knitting something on Size 11 needles really a challenge for me? But then again, I've put this pattern off for 2 years now because I just recently understand the cable chart.

Pro: Yarn in stash stock, cables aren't anything to scoff at
Con: Size 11 needles - is that cheating?

3) Corset sweater: I've had my eye on this one for awhile, but I have the feeling this might be a bit unrealistic. I'm fast, but I'm not that freakn' fast!

Pro: definitely a challenge
Con: need to buy yarn, might be a bit unrealistic

So those are my choices - any suggestions?

7 comments:

maritza said...

I say Butterfly or First Aid, leaning more towards First Aid just because it is a pattern that you haven't made before, you've been meaning to get around to it for (what was it?) two years, and you would probably get a lot of wear out of it, too. That's my vote, at least. Good luck. They're all good calls.

the knitrider said...

i would do the butterfly, but thats just because ive been wanting to do it myself forever.

Kelly said...

My vote is for Butterfly, but use the deadline for finishing both tunic and dress versions. Good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece, whatever you choose.

sturdygirl said...

oh, i love that first aid sweater! i hope you make it so i can watch the cables take shape. i think if the charts seem challenging, go for it! and re: wedding stuff - thanks for your note. if you want to chat about it, please please email me! i know more about all this stuff than i ever wanted to and i would love to share! link is in my sidebar. cheers-

carrie said...

am i the only person who hasn't seen first aid before? it's great -- i say go for it.

Unknown said...

I haven't seen First Aid before, either... I'd say go for that!

Stacy said...

My vote is for First Aid too. I hadn't seen it before either but I love it. It's not like it's a simple stockinette sweater, since it has the cable pattern. Go for it!