Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Now Present You With.....

Butterfly!

butterflyfinish

Butterfly (dress version) Rowan 37
Yarn: KSH 3 balls
Size 8 bamboo needles
Started July 2005 - Finished Jan. 25, 2006

It took me 4 hours to finish this baby up tonight! I finished at exactly 11:59pm and I really had to push myself on this one. The bottom trim took a bit of time, but the main body went very quickly even with placing random beads around. Knitting with beads is a very pleasant experience, however getting them on the KSH with a small needles causes one to curse a little. The picot bind off around the armholes and neck is very pretty, but it took a little patience to work. Even though it's only 39 sts on each section, for every 6 you bind off, you add 3 more. It seemed like it would never end! I don't recommend finishing this in one night (especially if you're a little sleep deprived).

Overall I absolutely loved this project! It satisfied my addiction to KSH and challenges. The dress fits me very well, but I couldn't model it because I don't have any slips. I need to go shopping for a nice vintage slip now. Anyone know of a good place to go where I don't have to spend more money than I have to? After all, I need to save every bit for more yarn - more KSH even.

bftop Close up of picot bind off edge.

bfbeads Look at the little beads!

I think the funniest thing is that I wanted to wear this to my cousin's wedding back in August! Ha! Took a bit longer than a month I think!

10 comments:

goodkarma said...

Ooooh, so lovely. I hope you find just the right thing to wear with it. I'd love to see it on you. I haven't seen anyone else knit the dress version yet. Pretty!

the knitrider said...

that came out absolutely stunning! im so jealous!!

maritza said...

Oooh Melissa, that's gorgeous! Beautiful job there. Love the beads.
There's a place on 7th Street between 1st Ave. & Avenue A, if I remember correctly, that sells sweet little vintage slips for super-cheap, like $5 - $15 a pop. I don't know if they're still there or if their prices have gone up, but it might be worth checking out. Good luck on the slip-hunt.

sturdygirl said...

Wow, M. - you are so accomplished! This is just beautiful. Wish I knew where you could get a vintage slip for cheap.

Moni said...

My Gosh! That is beautiful! Only three balls, huh? wow! I can't wait to see what it looks like on! You do need a really cute vintage slip to go with that..

mia said...

I hate you.



okay I don't hate you.
It is stunning.
If I were home at a reasonable hour I'd come over with an armful of slips for modeling purposes. Place on 7th street, eh? Hmm. let me know if you go...

Alison said...

Oh, my gosh, how absolutely stunning! It really is quite beautiful, wonderful job!

Passionknitly said...

beautiful!

Stacy said...

This is gorgeous! I can't wait until you post a picture modeling. I don't think I've seen a dress version on anyone yet!

Megan said...

Oh my goodness! That's amazing! Quite an accomplishment. Hopefully you'll get a lot of use out of it - and lots of compliments when you tell people you made it yourself.