Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Secret Pal 6 questionnaire

Yay! I didn't miss Secret Pal 6, though I probably would have had it not been for the heads up by Chia!

So here is my (hopefully interesting) questionnaire:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I prefer natural fibers. Acrylics just pill way too much - after spending all that time knitting something nice, I want it to stay looking nice. As far as Red Heart and Lions Brand - every yarn has it's place, but it hasn't really found it's way into my knitting projects yet.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I want to learn how to spin. I bought my drop spindle about 5 months ago and am yet to get going with it. I know how to crochet, but don't do it very often.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Sometimes the occasional feline will send me into a sneezing fit.

4. How long have you been knitting?

About 5 1/2 years.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Amazon and Half.com - though I only have a few knitting related things on there at the moment..........

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Vanilla

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

MMM, chocolate...... What was the question again????

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Bookbinding, beading, restoring old Dodge cars

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Alternative music such as Bad Religion, Pearl Jam, Weezer. Yes, I am MP3 capable.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I tend to lean towards cooler colors: olive, blues, turquoise but I also have a new fondness for magenta and rust oranges. Don't really like purple or pastels. Black is always good too (I've been living in New York for too long!)

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

No pets, but I really want a dog soon.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

Life dreams - simple - to own my own yarn store in the near future!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Anything by Rowan - but I'm looking to break my Rowan addiction. HELP!! Kidsilk mohair rules my life!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Acrylic and scratchy wool

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Small needles and Rowan kidsilk - I also am itching to learn how to do socks.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Sweaters on small needles. But I really want to knit some socks.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Butterfly from Rowan 37 (mmmm, kidsilk and lace - perfect together)

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Well, considering I work in the fashion industry - I was over them before they ever hit the racks.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Straight

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo

21. Are you a sock knitter?

I want to be.

22. How did you learn to knit?

My grandma taught me when I was about 7, then I picked it up again during college.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

5 1/2 years young.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I have several: Grommet and Shawn the sheep, The Powerpuff girls, Hello Kitty

25. What is your favorite holiday?

My Birthday - it should be a holiday!

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Besides yarn..........can't think of anything

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Rowan International - though I should really get Interweave too, I buy it every season, it just took me like 2 years to notice I did!

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

I've been searching for a good sock book.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

Blue Sky Alpacas: Knit Boots, Glampyre: Tubular Camisole, Mac and Me: Yoga Socks

So there you have it. I can't wait for my Secret Pal to be assigned! This is going to be so fun!

1 comment:

mia said...

dear melissa's secret pal: please send her old dodge parts. that would entertain me for a very. very. very. long time.