Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Moving Aftermath

So I've been in my new place for about a week and a half now and I absolutely love it! I only moved a couple of blocks away from where I used to live, but the new neighborhood is so much busier.

Here we have a perfect picture example of what moving can do to an otherwise healthy dana:
dana

I moved into a 4th floor walkup without an elevator. We all felt like the above after going up and down those stairs 50 trillion times. So I am pretty much unpacked - NOT! As you can see, I have the computer up and running and then tons of boxes all over the place. I venture forth to IKEA this weekend to pick up some cheap furniture. I love IKEA! Then maybe I can get all my knitting books out of boxes and my yarn stashed away in it's proper place. I'm going to have a little designated knitting corner with a comfy chair, basket for work in progress, and a nice bright light so I can see what I am doing for a change.

living room

dress

And here is my progress on Butterfly from Rowan 37. I'm finally up to the waist after neglecting it during the move. I am very surprised by how quickly it is knitting up and I should have the back done in no time. The wood floors aren't exactly the best backdrop for the picture, but I really don't miss my old blue carpet! Next time I'll stop being lazy and get out a pillowcase or sheet or something!

And finally, thanks to all who have left me nice comments about my Magknits pattern. It keeps me motivated to keep turning them out. Knitty is next on my agenda, wish me luck!

2 comments:

Knit Freak said...

Yeahn ext time you move find a place with an elevator! although it was fun ;)

Can't wait to knit sesame considering I've been waiting for the pattern since January

I'll see ya on tuesday

mia said...

if you weren't purchasing furniture during the-week-which-must-not-be-mentioned I would totally come over and help you assemble.
and I like the wood floor backdrop.