Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Stitch n' Pitch at Shea

L1030072

Last night I met up with the Spiders for a night of knitting and baseball at Shea Stadium. It was so hot, but the night was still enjoyable - and the Mets won! I heard that there were about 800 knitters there. That's pretty impressive.

spiders at Stitch n' Pitch 8/8/07
A long line of spiders, you can't even see them all!

Even though there were 800 knitters there and 2 of my fellow LIC knit girls bought their tickets weeks after me, we had luck on our side last night. Dana and Colette just happened to be sitting in the row directly behind us. What are the chances of that?

L1030068
Colette and Dana

Have to admit I'm not much of a baseball fan, in fact, this was the first game I have ever been to. I'm just more of a hockey kinda girl. With that said, it was much more interesting than watching it on TV and if I did have a free night, I would probably consider going again. Maybe even before a Stitch n' Pitch 08? We'll see!

8 comments:

schrodinger said...

I'm glad you made it to a game, while it's not as bloodthirsty as hockey - I hope you saw some of its charm.

Anonymous said...

Now that sounds like FUN.

Anonymous said...

glad you were able to make it. and i'm especially glad to see you warming up to baseball some. :)

Connie said...

Looks like fun. And this is from a nonbaseball fan too. Baseball on TV seems to take *forever*. Maybe it's different live.

Anonymous said...

ooh, btw, i'm gonna steal one of the pics from your post here and put it up on my blog. i hope you don't mind. :)

carrie said...

hockey would have been soooo much more comfortable. (i'm realizing that you feel off my bloglines somehow, but you're back now! glad to see everything you are up to!)

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe it was your first game! I think it was my first one that was actually fun (probably b/c I had my knitting), and I've been to many, many baseball games. Glad you had such a good 1st experience!

Carolyn said...

Dana and Colette told me they'd seen you at the game -- how funny!

Thanks for your help with the move last week -- I'm almost finished!

Carolyn