Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Monday, March 26, 2007

The Yarn Harlot visits FIT

I'm a bit late with this post, but when I had gotten home from the event on Thursday night, my computer would not boot up. Apparently the technically challenged DB had succeeded in giving my computer a nasty virus. He won't be allowed near my computer where all my precious knitting pictures are stored any time soon....

So the Harlot. It was a pretty full house and she talked for about 2 or 2 1/2 hours about how knitters are misunderstood and why we should commend respect from the muggles. Various good deeds were done for the night with knitters working away on squares for Warm Up America, hats were collected for babies in other countries, and money was collected for Doctors Without Borders. I could go into more detail, but I'm sure the event has been covered sufficiently elsewhere.

Harlot at FIT
Full House


Yarn Harlot
Bad blurry picture of the Harlot


There were quite a few knitters who had come from long distances, which was pretty impressive: England, Switzerland, Virginia, California - just to name a few. I was even recognized by a far away knitter from (I believe) Switzerland - or at least she recognized Tatami. It was kind of neat!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

very cool, getting so see the Harlot!
Check out my blog... I finished Sesame!

Kelly said...

sounds like a great time. I can't believe she spoke for that long - that's fantastic!

Anonymous said...

No wonder everyone was able to knit their swatches- in that amt of time! :)

So fun- wish I could have been there...

MeBeth said...

I'm sad I missed this one - it sounds like it was fun!

sulu-design said...

Wow, seriously full house! And how cool that you (or your design) were recognized!