Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Monday, October 26, 2009

My Rhinebeck Recap

I know it's a little late, but you can never have too much Rhinebeck talk, right? Just got back from Florida and finally have a little time to catch up with things!

I didn't really have much of a plan this year, just wanted to have fun and hopefully purchase some great stuff. However, when I heard that Clara Parks was signing copies of her new book, The Knitters Book of Wool, I knew Spirit Trail Fiberworks would be my first stop. I really enjoyed Clara's first book, and I knew this one would not disappoint. In fact, I haven't even had a chance to peek inside yet - must set aside some time asap!

Clara Parks!!

Before going over to meet Clara, we arrived at the festival just in time for the lunchtime Ravelry meetup and to meet Bob. Ysolda whipped this up just a few days before. So amazing! I was also so surprised to see Maritza at the meetup too. We've missed her so much at our weekly LIC knitting group and it was so nice to get to chat for a few minutes.

DSC_5182

My only yarn purchase of the day came from Alicia Adams Alpaca. I got 3 gorgeous balls of a suri alpaca/merino blend in a heather grey color - my color of the moment apparently.

suri alpaca and merino blend

I also scored a cool new tea mug hand thrown and hand painted by Jennie Lanners. She had some very cute mugs with sheep wearing socks and things, but the leafy one called to me. Maybe I'll pick up a sheep one next year.

Leafy mug

After the festival, Colette, Gwen, Sonia and I were off to the Ravelry party and to meet up with the rest of the Astoria crew. I was worried that it would be a little chilly, but all was well. I didn't even have to break into the toe or hand warmers.

Ravelry crew
The Ravelry Crew

Twins!
Kimberly and I rock our Bliss shawlettes

This Rhinebeck trip was definitely the best ever! I got to meet so many wonderful knitters and relax with friends. I can't wait til next year!

And last but not least, I leave you with a dose of cuteness.

Cute!

4 comments:

kirsten said...

now THAT is yummy yarn!
and happy birthday, i hear. 26th or 27th Oct? I'm the 27th. happy returns! :)

Connie said...

You were soooooo good - just a couple skeins of yarn and a mug? I think you need to reward yourself with more yarn ;) just kidding.

Happy birthday! Can't wait to hear all about your appt with B. Walker too.

birana said...

Too cute alpaca ;) And when you were not at rhinebeck(eg: like me) It's always nice to have reports. Maybe for next year. This alpaca is too cute!! I would have fit with my Bliss too. LOL. BTW happy birthday :)

Wanda said...

What a lovely Rhinebeck post! Loved the pics!! :)