Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Dear Tendinitis

Dear Tendinitis,

I've dealt with you for 2 weeks now, but I think it's time you pack your bags and leave. I've been quite patient with you, even going so far as to stop knitting for 7 days. I've tried ice dips, massage, tiger balm, rest, ice cream, but you just won't go away.

Considering I have to complete an entire sweater in 2 weeks, would you terribly mind letting me knit at least 16 rows a day? That's all I ask. Otherwise, without knitting in my hands, I'm going to go completely nuts and a get little testy. Just ask my husband.



travellersyarn said...

I am there with you. I have figured out that knitting is not the main cause of my tendonitis, but winding (skeins or balls) is. I use a wrist brace when I knit and make sure my elbow has support.

Leslie said...

Two words...cortisone shot. It works wonders.

Jocelyn said...

I have battled tendonitis in my elbow for the last 9 months or so. I did use a lot of ice in a brace I got at the drug store. That helped a lot. Also, Aleve worked better than other pain killers. If you also have elbow pain, I find that using a pillow to prop up my arm (so the elbow doesn't do any work to stay elevated) makes a big difference. Good luck!

Lissa said...

I have also battled this in my hand and forearm, and wore a brace for three years before I decided on physiotherapy. My main cause is holding a pen and using a mouse... surprisingly, knitting actually helps to keep it at bay. Sleeping with the arm over the head or otherwise elevated does help; I have heard cortisone is helpful as well though I have not tried it. Good luck.

Connie said...

Feel better soon, Melissa! I just started my own sweater that's due in a similar time frame as yours ;)