Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Small Distraction

For Christmas, I had decided at the last minute to make my Stepmom a pair of fetching mitts from some leftover Lanas Puras Melosa from my Urban Wrap. So I started the 1st mitt before traveling home to NJ on Dec 22nd. When I got home, I realized I had misplaced 2 of the needles. Argh! Luckily I had some Denise #5's that I made due with and finished the 1st one.

Then I ran out of yarn.

Ok, so obvious this project was just not meant to be finished by Christmas. So I gifted the one and promised the other would be on it's way soon. And here it is:

fetching

And this was how much yarn was left. I just made it!

leftover yarn

Details:
Fetching by Cheryl Niamath -- Knitty Summer 06
Yarn: Leftover Lanas Puras Melosa in Passion
Needles: Size 6 dpn

Fast, easy project with great results. If only everything would have cooperated as well as the knitting!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Living on the edge, Melissa! ;) Beautiful product though. And your stepmom didn't have to wait long for Fetching's mate.

spajonas said...

yikes! that's cutting it awfully close!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous color. She must love them! Also, don't knock selfish knitting -- it's absolutely necessary ;-)