Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Small Distraction

For Christmas, I had decided at the last minute to make my Stepmom a pair of fetching mitts from some leftover Lanas Puras Melosa from my Urban Wrap. So I started the 1st mitt before traveling home to NJ on Dec 22nd. When I got home, I realized I had misplaced 2 of the needles. Argh! Luckily I had some Denise #5's that I made due with and finished the 1st one.

Then I ran out of yarn.

Ok, so obvious this project was just not meant to be finished by Christmas. So I gifted the one and promised the other would be on it's way soon. And here it is:


And this was how much yarn was left. I just made it!

leftover yarn

Fetching by Cheryl Niamath -- Knitty Summer 06
Yarn: Leftover Lanas Puras Melosa in Passion
Needles: Size 6 dpn

Fast, easy project with great results. If only everything would have cooperated as well as the knitting!


Connie said...

Living on the edge, Melissa! ;) Beautiful product though. And your stepmom didn't have to wait long for Fetching's mate.

gleek said...

yikes! that's cutting it awfully close!

KnitSix said...

What a gorgeous color. She must love them! Also, don't knock selfish knitting -- it's absolutely necessary ;-)