Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Le Starfish

In between working on a few deadline projects, I've been stealing away a few minutes at a time to work on a new beret for my awesome new bright pink coat I got for Christmas. I had a hard time choosing between Le Slouch and a Trinity stitch beret, but ended up settling with Le Slouch.

I decided to use a thinner yarn to make it a bit smaller and the sizing seems to be just about right, but the decreases for the crown are really bugging me. I decided to change them up a bit from the pattern because I felt they were looking a little funky and I made the decreases true right/left leaning. Not a good idea in gold yarn or a texture pattern for that matter. It looks more like Le Starfish instead of a cool Le Slouch.


Went back to Ravelry and checked out some other versions using the correct decreases and they look fine. Now I just need to rip back and see what I can do. If it's still no good I think a second Gretel is in my immediate future.


Elinor said...

Until you said starfish, I didn't notice. It might be all in the eye of the knitter? Good luck with it, whatever you decide to do!

subliminalrabbit said...

i totally don't see starfish either but... you're the one who has to wear it!

Marie-france said...

I rather like the way it is!