Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Expectant Little Knits

Here are my 2 designs that were in Expectant Little Knits! My first book published designs for 2008:

Lacy Babydoll [Ravelry Link]

Lacy Babydoll

Purple Rain Sleeveless Tunic [Ravelry Link]

Purple Rain Tunic

This design project was really a challenge to me. Fitting a non-pregnant body is one thing, but maternity sweaters need a few more tricks added in for a proper fit. I used Big Girl knits quite a bit to learn how short rows can help add a little room in the places exactly where it's needed. I was a little worried when I sent them off not really knowing if they would fit the models or not, but judging from the final product, I think I can safely say I did ok!


gleek said...

very cute knits! i love that lacy number :)

Craptina said...

Great tunic- what a challenge to fit for special needs. Pregnant ladies need some cute knits too.

schrodinger said...

Very impressive work - what a challenge. And they look great!!

dlittlegarden said...

Sweet! Congratulations, Melissa!

Connie said...

These are both beautiful, Melissa!

OrangeJuicy said...

ha! I saw that book at Barnes&Noble and I wanted to buy it even though I'm not preg. Such cute stuff in it!

Robert & Anjanette said...

I checked this book out from the library yesterday and yours were my fave designs! :)