Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

All Finished!

The Pea Pod Baby Set is all finished! After washing, the yarn turned out super soft and I'm very pleased.
Pea Pod Set Finished

Pea Pod Baby Set by Kate Gilbert
Size 6 needles
Rowan DK Wool: 3 balls Avocado
Started: March 23, 2007
Finished: April 3, 2007

I am very happy with the final outcome, but I had a hard time getting into this project for some reason. Maybe I just don't like deadlines that don't have to do with design projects? I don't know. But for such a small project, the knitting sometimes almost drove me up a wall. This coming from the girl that thinks a Stockinette Stitch garment on size 2 needles is a good idea!

So now I can get back to the "Design Inspiration" project, which has hit a snag for the past 2 weeks or so. I did something when increasing in pattern on the left front and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me! I ended up charting it out and ripping back quite a bit (I was about 1/4 the way done the sleeve). But it's back on track now and I hope to have the left front done by the end of the holiday. Once that is done, I can continue my series with calculating stitch pick up for the front button bands and sleeve cuffs. Also, I'll show how to calculate evenly spaced buttonholes.

Fronts

Finally got around to checking bloglines today, and I was surprised to only see 410 posts waiting for me. After not checking in for several weeks, I was dreading how much I had missed, but apparently you guys are just as busy! Hope everyone has a nice relaxing holiday!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh its so cute! I love that pattern and plan to make it next time I have a baby shower to go to :)

goodkarma said...

Melissa, the baby set turned out soooo cute. I might still have to make a set for my little Amelie. Love it. And I can't wait to see/hear more about this new design project.

the knitrider said...

Pea Pod looks great! I will be making that shortly for a friend, so its niec to see some good examples. Its too bad you couldnt get into it more though!
Those sleeves are lookin nice!

DonnaC said...

Love the baby outfit. Great color.

jennhx said...

Great work!! I'm thinking of making that set for a little one that will be entering my friend's life late this year!

Cheers,
-Jennhx

Unknown said...

oh wow melissa! you might have hated knitting it....but it came out way too cute.

i'm actually planning on making this set for a friend of mine shortly so it is heartening to see how lovely yours is.

Anonymous said...

Love that set... So cute.

Christy said...

Cute Pea Pod.
I've really enjoyed following the design process and seeing it take shape. Thanks for sharing it.

Hannah Six said...

I've been enjoying your design inspiration posts! They're helpful for a math-challenged knitter like me, and should probably come in handy when I get around to Annabelle: I'll need to size up the bust a little bit. But I'm thinking short rows should do the trick. Thanks!

The Sexy Knitter said...

Love that Pea Pod baby set! It turned out sooooo cute and baby and mom will love it!