Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Life Can Be Crazy Sometimes

It seems like with all has been happening lately, it feels like forever since my last post! I don't like to mention personal things here too much, but there have been some major health issues with my fiance's Mom and my Grandfather and Grandmother both fell in the same week. Luckily Grandpa was ok (just a few stitches on the noggin), but Grandma didn't fare as well and had to have a pin put in her hip last week. She is in good spirits, but she'll be in therapy for 6-8 weeks. Just way too much to deal with so close to the holidays!

Then I have my year end rush to get my two maternity knit projects out on time. The first is due January 2nd, the other on January 9th. I would love to get them both off before I leave for Jersey on Friday, but I'm not sure that is going to happen.

And to make up for my spotty posting lately, here's some luscious yarn pics:

I apologize for the slightly blurry pictures, it's the crappy work camera!

worsted lanas puras
Lanas Puras worsted in Margarita - for my next design for One Planet

fingering weight lanas puras
Lanas Puras fingering in Camoflauge (go to the site for a MUCH better picture - the color is gorgeous!)

2ply cashmere
Some 2 ply cashmere Lis handdyed

And last but not least:
roving
Some more roving to practice my hand spinning

Happy Holidays everyone!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cashmere...mmmmmmmm.... :)

spajonas said...

happy holidays!! sorry to hear about all the troubles in the family right before the holidays :( i hope that everyone is doing well by the new year!

Moni said...

Happy holidays! I hope everyone in your family gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh poor grandma! I hope everyone makes a speedy recovery and that everyone is a-ok again soon.
You CAN do it (re: the deadlines). You knit under some seriously tight deadlines before and come out the victor each time so I have total faith in you.
And yes, when there's nothing else to post, nothing beats some good ol' yarn pr0n. ;)
Have a great holiday!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! i'm almost done with christmas shopping...and then i will hit One Planet for myself! have happy holidays! :)

schrodinger said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear of your family woes, I wish them speedy recoveries.

Thanks for the yarn pics though, always good to see. Good luck with the deadlines.

Kelly said...

pretty yarn:) I'm sorry to hear about all the family health issues. It sounds like everything is on the up and up, though! Have a nice holiday!

the knitrider said...

hope everyone is better soon! sending good wishes!

craftoholic said...

I'm so sorry for you, I hope all your family recovers soon!
Happy Holidays :-)

Anonymous said...

why must troubles seem to come so close to christmas! as if life were not frantic enough! i hope everyone is better soon, and you get a chance to relax with some yarn over the coming days./

sulu-design said...

I hope everyone has speedy recoveries. We missed you at the knitting holiday party. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Good lord, you've had an awful lot going on lately! I hope things are going better for all of you, and that you're having a happy holiday. And that we see you at the Point sometime soon! (Tho' I'll be gone till the New Year, too).
And that Margarita color is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

it's always hard to have things like this happen, but even more so this time of year. i hope everyone is feeling fine soon!

Anonymous said...

must find maternity patterns--- you have beautiful stuff. Hope you had a great holiday-
Adina in Jersey City