Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ships Ahoy!

Found this cool little quiz today:



My pirate name is:


Black Bess Rackham


Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from fidius.org.


Hmm, have been thinking about some other words to put on Hardcore from Knitty instead of "cool boys knit". I think my pirate name could be fun. I think I'll rewrite the pattern a little, but a big cardigan w/ a skull yarn ball on it is just the coolest thing ever! BTW, for those that don't know me, I love anything with skulls on it. I was very impressed by the Knitty men's issue. Now I just need to get my boyfriend to read some of the articles about men who knit and try to teach him! We'll see....

In other knitting news, finished the 1st sleeve on my fairisle pullover. Then last night I finished the fairisle part on the second sleeve. So sad actually. Now I am in one color jersey world and I'm not having too much fun. At least I did take part of my front apart to fix the neck drop, so I havent' seen the last of my fairisle yet. Maybe later on tonight I'll have some time to post some pictures so you can share in my fairisle high.

10:55 p.m.

As promised, here is a pic of the finished sleeve with it's less finished sister on the right. Hopefully I can make a dent in the jersey section this weekend when traveling back to New Jersey. Hooray for weekends!

sleeves

No comments: