Hi There! Neoknits has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit
http://www.neoknits.com

Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!

See you soon!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Summer cleaning

So I decided to do a little bit of cleaning and organizing this weekend after a trip to IKEA. I bought some magazine holders to tame my growing collection and some nice stripy boxes for my stash.

Thing is, I really didn't think I even had much of a stash. When I first started knitting, I was very, very disciplined and would only move on to the next project when the last was finished - well, about 90% of the time. Well, it seems that over the past 5 years, I have actually collected enough yarn to safely call it a stash.

L1010063
Yes, there is a second layer under there!

I guess my downfall was the net. When I first started knitting, I didn't really connect the two. Now I'm checking out what everyone else is doing - get jealous - and need to go buy more yarn for that particular project. Plus there are all of those lovely online yarns stores that occasionally have some pretty good sales - how could anyone resist! And as I am writing this, I remembered that I have about 25 more balls of yarn hidden in three different corners of my room.........

So now some more organizing - a little recap of WIP and projects in queue:

1. Lucky - still need to block and stitch
2. Fairisle - finishing up front
3. Butterfly - first frill done! Yay!
4. Hot Lava - the Manos is calling my name
5. First Aid - (Rowan 32) Polar was being discontinued and was onsale. Yes, I waited long enough!
6. Petit Chou - bought the yarn when Knitty Summer 04 came out, just a little behind

Patterns I've bought recently:

1. Orangina
2. One skein wonder
3. Silk ribbed corset

Then there are all these wonderful things that I want to knit from the new fall collections. Too many to mention!!!!!

Guess I should close this entry and get knittn', cause I sure have plenty of it to do!

2 comments:

sarah said...

Way to go! Glad to see you found the KAL on crafster. Your butterfly is looking good so far!

Erin said...

Stash will be the death of us all! I shudder to think how much I would uncover if I went through all my bags, boxes and corners! Probably the equivilent of the GNP of a small country. :)

BTW, where did you get the pattern for Butterfly? It's absolutely gorgeous!